Sunday, June 09, 2013

Out from the comfort zone, into the happiness zone

I started writing this blog way back in 2007 and the frequency of the posts have been dwindling exponentially until it became an annual event leaving aside the intermittent sharing of some interesting article I came across. And the discomfort of reading Mr Amitabh Bachchan posting on his blog with alacrity only makes the guilt worse.

The motivation to restart posting on this blog is ofcourse a major change in our 'timelines'. We have finally relocated out of Mumbai, to a small town (or gaon, as some of my friends refer to as) on the outskirts of Pune, Talegaon. The impetus to shift has been multiple, starting from the fact that the most important members of the family - wife and daughter, likes the place; our irritation with Mumbai as a city had reached its peak (we probably are not comfortable with the big city life); the driving is half of my erstwhile driving and quarter of the time i used to take one way; and at the end I did not have to add to the attrition census of my organisation.

And some of our key objectives of shifting: spend quality family time; give more time to your self and wellbeing (read physical exercise, which we are yet to get into the groove); and enjoy the pollution free environment. It has been almost 3 weeks that we relocated and we are enjoying the place. We had the peak of summer when we had to use a wrap in the wee hours of dawn, the air conditioner is really redundant (mine is lying in packed state). The monsoons have set in and it's pretty cold. And today we went to the Sunday farmer's market. While getting the fresh produce was the main wish, I realised that in a way this also contributed to reducing my carbon footprint :). And I really hope that am able to give time to some creative activity to keep the emotional fluids balanced.

So let me hope that I am able to think enough to pen some relevant thoughts in the coming months and years (weeks may be a little too much of an assumption) as well as keep my recipes blog alive as well.

Would like to leave you with a link to the World Environment Day theme for 2013: Think, Eat, and Save ... http://www.unep.org/wed/infomaterials/downloads/WED-Booklet-2013_En_Final.pdf  

..... Interesting how we take many things in our life for granted ..

Thank you for taking time to read through ...

No comments: